[P4-announce] Announcing P4_16 version 1.2.1

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Thu Jun 11 12:07:04 EDT 2020

Dear P4 Community,

We are pleased to announce version 1.2.1 of the P4_16 Language
Specification, which was recently published on the P4 website.

The specification is available in PDF and HTML formats:
* HTML: https://p4.org/p4-spec/docs/P4-16-v1.2.1.html
* PDF: https://p4.org/p4-spec/docs/P4-16-v1.2.1.pdf
See Appendix A for a revision history that discusses the changes made in
v1.2.1.

Thanks to all of the active members of the P4 Language Design Working Group
who contributed ideas, code, and writing to this new version of the
specification.

If you’d like to get involved with helping evolve the language, please sign
up for the p4-design email list, or join one of our meetings. We usually
meet on the first Monday of each month at 11am PT. However, over the
summer, we will also be holding extra "brainstorming" meetings to discuss
potential features for the next major release of the language. The first
such brainstorming meeting is scheduled for June 22nd.

For details about upcoming meetings, see the P4 Working Groups Calendar (
https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=ajR0bzQycnNqcXRma3MwcWI3aWFoOGdvdXNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
)

Warm Regards,
Mihai Budiu and Nate Foster