[P4-Apps] Meeting minutes: March 29, 2018

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Sun Apr 1 12:20:58 EDT 2018

Dear P4 apps community,

Minutes for March 29 meeting have been posted to the Wiki

(https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/wiki).

Following items will be considered for inclusion in the INT specifications after version 1.0:

  *   Use of IPv4 options to indicate presence of INT after L4 headers
  *   Opaque/extension reports

Following changes were reviewed and approved for inclusion in version 1.0 of the specifications:

  *   Piggybacked metadata is being removed and will be considered after 1.0 based on discussion of relevant use cases.
  *   Congestion state metadata is being removed as it is somewhat redundant with queue occupancy.
  *   Miscellaneous editorial changes.

Following the discussion on INT, we had an excellent presentation by Xiaozhou Li on another exciting P4 application - Netcache: A high performance in-network key-value cache.

Further details can be found in the meeting minutes.

We are close to sending out INT version 1.0 candidate specifications with a last call for editorial changes, we will send a follow up email in the week of April 2 regarding this.

The next working group meeting will be held on April 19 (not on the scheduled bi-weekly date of April 12). We will continue with the usual bi-weekly cadence from April 19.

Thanks

Mukesh Hira

JK Lee