[P4-Apps] Meeting minutes: August 16, 2018

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Fri Aug 17 20:44:46 EDT 2018

Dear working group members,

Minutes of August 16 working group meeting have been posted to the Wiki (https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/wiki<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_p4lang_p4-2Dapplications_wiki&d=DwMFAw&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=L8xEOlgdBq1uWS6Ojs6MsQ&m=I4BjmYPRRoiogiCktEfqMvMFCZA0hxkHeddFnoy0FkM&s=tfqCLQ4pw_PdNrowhoTB5aMYu2DFQXb5Uopg9KNR1jk&e=>)

We had the following presentations yesterday -
(i) INT on P4 Portable Switch Architecture by JK Lee, Barefoot Networks
(ii) PRECISION heavy-hitter detection algorithm by Danny Chen, Princeton University
(iii) Proposal for carrying INT metadata in IPv6 hop-by-hop extension header and GRE encapsulation, by Ramesh Sivakolundu, Cisco Systems

Please refer to the meeting minutes for a summary of the discussions around the three presentations.

As you may have noticed, Danny has open-sourced a P4 implementation of the PRECISION heavy-hitter detection algorithm (to appear at ICNP 2018) in the p4-applications GitHub repository. We have created a folder research_projects for such contributions. If other working group members have P4 implementations of research/experimental projects that you would like to share with the P4 applications community, please reach out to us.

Next meeting will tentatively be held in two weeks, on August 30, 2018. Meeting agenda and location will be announced closer to the date.

Thank you

Mukesh Hira
JK Lee