[P4-Apps] Call for review of the Portable Switch Architecture specification

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:09:54 EST 2018

The P4 Architecture Working Group has been working towards a release of the
Portable Switch Architecture specification version 1.0, which we are
planning to release by February 28, 2018.

The latest version is available in HTML and PDF forms on this page (the
“working draft” version of P4_16 PSA): https://p4.org/specs/

While there are many excerpts of the proposed include file “psa.p4” in the
specification, and excerpts of example P4_16 programs that use the features
of PSA, those interested should examine those files here:

psa.p4 include file:
https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/blob/master/p4-16/psa/psa.p4

Example programs:
https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/tree/master/p4-16/psa/examples

We would greatly appreciate any comments, corrections, or questions you
have (in the form of Github issues).  We would love it if we can get your
comments by Feb 21, so we have time to respond to them before the
release.  However,
please do not hesitate to create issues before or after that date, here:
https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/issues

We plan to add more features to PSA later.  There are already several open
issues with proposals to add new features.  You are welcome to create
issues for new additions, but before the v1.0 release we are especially
hoping to hear about issues where the existing features as currently
specified are undesirable, and changes are desired that would not be
backwards compatible with the current draft.

Thanks,

Calin Cascaval & Andy Fingerhut