[P4-Apps] Working group meeting on Feb 15 2018

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Tue Feb 13 22:06:16 EST 2018


Dear P4 apps community,

We will have our next bi-weekly working group meeting on Thursday February 15, 2018 at Barefoot Networks campus.

Meeting Location: Barefoot Networks, 4750 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054

Meeting time: 10 am to 11:30 am PST (GMT - 8)

If you are attending in person, please plan on arriving a few minutes earlier to allow for parking and signing in.

Remote attendees may attend using Google Hangouts at:
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/barefootnetworks.com/appswg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hangouts.google.com_hangouts_-5F_barefootnetworks.com_appswg&d=DwMFaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=_JxyTtXIDpwx3ZqncJghfA&m=cDDVl1kFWMo5yBZHC8GXmniV7KnQqP9DxvBRJ79uNYE&s=NVnGilG5NNalZIfz79ANNYzMZ8xjQm9-a0HypNwlF0o&e=>

We will continue to focus on closing open issues (https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/issues)

Specific agenda items -

  1.  Indicating presence of INT metadata in unencapsulated TCP/UDP packets - We will review edits around the proposals that Rajesh and Heidi presented a few weeks ago on using IPv4 header options and probe markers. JK Lee will present some scenarios to be accounted for when using DSCP bits.
  2.  Mukesh will present use-cases for reporting both logical port IDs and physical port IDs in INT metadata
  3.  We will discuss proposal by Marvell to add new "Checksum complement" metadata which can be used to make L4 checksum neutral updates.


We would like to add that we are targeting releasing version 1.0 of the data plane and report format specifications by end of March. Please call out issues you would like to be addressed in version 1.0 at the upcoming meetings and create issues on GitHub.


Calendar entry has been created on the P4.org calendar. This is now a recurring event on the P4.org calendar so as to put it on your individual calendars on a recurring basis. Meeting location, agenda and web conferencing information for each occurrence will be updated closer to the meeting date.

Thank you

Mukesh Hira
JK Lee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-apps_lists.p4.org/attachments/20180214/4ab1fa1e/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the P4-apps mailing list