[P4-Apps] P4 Applications Working Group Meeting on January 18

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Fri Jan 12 21:19:52 EST 2018

Dear working group members,

As mentioned earlier, we will have our next working group meeting on Thursday January 18, 2018. Detailed meeting information and agenda is as follows -

Meeting Location: Barefoot Networks, 4750 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Meeting time: 10 am to 11:30 am PST (GMT - 8)

If you are attending in person, please plan on arriving a few minutes earlier to allow for parking and signing in.

Remote attendees may attend using Google Hangouts at:
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/barefootnetworks.com/appswg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hangouts.google.com_hangouts_-5F_barefootnetworks.com_appswg&d=DwMFaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=_JxyTtXIDpwx3ZqncJghfA&m=cDDVl1kFWMo5yBZHC8GXmniV7KnQqP9DxvBRJ79uNYE&s=NVnGilG5NNalZIfz79ANNYzMZ8xjQm9-a0HypNwlF0o&e=>

Meeting Agenda:

  1.  Presentation by Rajesh Sharma from Cisco Systems on using IP options to indicate presence of telemetry metadata in packets
  2.  Presentation by Heidi Ou from Alibaba on using probe markers to indicate presence of telemetry metadata in packets
  3.  Presentation by Mickey Spiegel from Barefoot Networks on revisions to report format draft specification - use of a bitmap to indicate embedded reports.
  4.  Discussion on outstanding issues on telemetry dataplane specification and report format specification - https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/issues

P4.org calendar entry may be found at https://goo.gl/bi4nxw

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting.

Thank you

Mukesh Hira
Jeongkeun Lee