[P4-Apps] P4 apps working group meeting on Feb 1, 2018

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Tue Jan 30 19:00:29 EST 2018

Dear P4 apps community,

We will have our next bi-weekly working group meeting on Thursday February 1, 2018 at VMware campus in Palo Alto.

Address: 3425 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94304 (Hilltop A building)
Meeting Time: 10 am to 11:30 am PST (GMT - 8)

Please arrive few minutes ahead of time to allow for guest registration and parking.

Remote attendees can attend at: https://VMware.zoom.us/j/9256858264

Google calendar link - https://goo.gl/4Z4Ydq

This meeting will focus on solutions to open issues in order to make progress towards v1.0 of the data plane and report format specifications. Some of the items we will try and close on are -
1. Interaction between INT and MTU settings in the network
2. Identifying presence of INT metadata in unencapsulated TCP/UDP traffic, a number of alternatives have been proposed in the working group so far
3. Handling of reserved bits at INT transit hops
4. Proposal to replace "Max Hop Count" and "Total Hop Count" fields in the INT header with a single "Remaining Hop Count" field, freeing up more bits for future use.
5. Mechanism for discovering units of metadata reported by INT switches

Details on open issues may be found at https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/issues.

Please use Github issues page for conversations on the issues and GitHub pull requests for proposing changes to the specifications to address the issues.

Also, in subsequent meetings, we would like to set aside presentation slots to hear from working group members on other P4 applications - this may just be a high level presentation on P4 applications of interest to your organization, or a proposal to pursue a specific application within the working group. Please let us know if you would like to present at the subsequent meetings.

Thank you

Mukesh Hira
JK Lee