[P4-Apps] Working group meeting on March 29

Mukesh Hira mhira at vmware.com
Tue Mar 27 20:57:33 EDT 2018

Dear P4 applications community,

We will have our next working group meeting on Thursday March 29 from 10 to 11:30 am Pacific Daylight Time.

Meeting Location: Barefoot Networks, 4750 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054

Meeting time: 10 am to 11:30 am PDT (GMT - 7)

Remote attendees may attend using Google Hangouts at:
https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/barefootnetworks.com/appswg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hangouts.google.com_hangouts_-5F_barefootnetworks.com_appswg&d=DwMFaQ&c=uilaK90D4TOVoH58JNXRgQ&r=_JxyTtXIDpwx3ZqncJghfA&m=cDDVl1kFWMo5yBZHC8GXmniV7KnQqP9DxvBRJ79uNYE&s=NVnGilG5NNalZIfz79ANNYzMZ8xjQm9-a0HypNwlF0o&e=>

While we were targeting releasing version 1.0 of Network Telemetry specifications at this meeting, we have not been able to send out a close-to-final version of the specifications for review to the working group yet. Those of you watching the Github repository must have noticed changes being proposed over the last few days. We will review these proposed edits at the upcoming working group meeting. This will be the last set of changes. Unless any major concerns are raised against these edits, we shall merge them promptly following the meeting, the specifications will then become version 1.0 candidates. Once we have the version 1.0 candidates, we will send out a last call for any editorial changes and publish version 1.0 once the last call time period expires.

Meeting Agenda -

  *   First 30 minutes: Review pull requests for telemetry specifications
     *   Removal of slow-path follow-up packets and piggybacked metadata (https://github.com/p4lang/p4-applications/pull/31)
     *   Clarifications to Checksum Update section
     *   Other editorial changes
  *   45 minutes: Xiaozhou Li from Barefoot Networks will talk about NetCache, using P4-enabled switches as in-network key-value caches, providing billions of QPS throughput with bounded latencies. NetCache is one example of high performance distributed systems enabled by high-speed programmable switches.
  *   15 minutes: Discussions, Q&A, anything working group members want to bring up

Thanks
Mukesh Hira
JK Lee