[P4-arch] P4 Architecture WG meeting 2018-Nov-07

Andy Fingerhut andy.fingerhut at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:17:24 EST 2018

There are two items on the agenda for the P4 Architecture work group
meeting for Wednesday, November 7, 1:30-3pm Pacific Time.  See near the end
of this message for information on joining the Webex session.

+ (5 mins) The latest version of the PSA specification checked in as of
today, we would like everyone to read and provide feedback on, preferably
before November 21, 2018 when we hope to release it as PSA version 1.1.
Look for a separate email to this email list soon with more details, if you
would like a summary of changes made since PSA version 1.0.

+ (duration unknown) Steve Ibanez will present some ideas on possible
approaches for adding more visibility and control to a P4 architecture like
PSA, that would enable implementation of hopefully many different styles of
congestion control algorithms.  As of today, PSA does not yet specify such
capabilities, and it would be useful if we could rally support around how
information internal to the packet buffer could be exposed and made
available to P4 programs.

We may finish significantly before the scheduled 3pm end time, depending
upon interest and discussion.

Andy Fingerhut & Calin Cascaval

Join WebEx meeting
<https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m9479298e2fc9671fd79a2cb9420d6090>
Meeting number (access code): 208 706 500
Meeting password: ervpMkQt (37876578 from phones)

Join from a video system or application
Dial 208706500 at cisco.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.
>From the Cisco internal network, dial *267* and the 9-digit meeting number.
If you are the host, enter your PIN when prompted.

Join by phone
*+1-866-432-9903 <+1-866-432-9903,,*01*208706500%2337876578%23*01*>*
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
*+1-408-525-6800 <+1-408-525-6800,,*01*208706500%2337876578%23*01*>*
Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Global call-in numbers
<https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=461605617&tollFree=1>
| Toll-free calling restrictions
<https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf>

Join using Microsoft Lync or Microsoft Skype for Business
Dial 208706500.cisco at lync.webex.com

Can't join the meeting? <https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-5412>

If you are a host, go here
<https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?MTID=m6e446b070d00902680aa5db1d9058d6f>
to view host information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and
other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be
discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically
consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded,
discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.