[P4-arch] P4 Showcase Talks & Last 4 Days to Register for P4 Developer Day!

P4.org p4 at p4.org
Thu Apr 25 18:40:26 EDT 2019

*

Dear P4 Community,

*

This is a friendly reminder that P4 Developer Day 2019
<https://p4.org/events/2019-04-30-p4-developer-day/>will take place in 4
days, on Tuesday, April 30th!

*
*

For the first time ever, we are offering two tracks for our community.
We will offer a beginner trackfor new members of our P4 community,
whereas the new advanced track will be targeted towards our seasoned P4
Developers.  The concentration of this newly developed track will be
building a leaf-spine data center fabric based on Segment Routing over
IPv6 (SRv6), using the ONOS SDN controller.  Further, the hands-on
exercises will focus on basic forwarding, bridging, SRv6, ONOS control
plane, and testing in Mininet.

*
*

This year, we wanted to keep the student-to-instructor ratio low so we
can support an interactive learning environment, to allow our students
to get quality support during the hands-on lab component of these
sessions. As a result, we encourage you to register
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/p4-developer-day-2019-tickets-55431431905#tickets>by
Monday, April 29th, to take advantage of the standard $295 rate.
  Otherwise, the fee increases to $450 for all onsite registrations.

*
*

We will also have 4 exciting talks on how prominent companies in the
industry are using P4 in real-life applications. We will hear from:

  *

    Konstantin Weitz, Google on “Leveraging P4 for Automated Switch
    Validation”

  *

    Ludovic Beliveau, Kaloom on “High Performance User Plane Function
    (UPF) for 4G/5G networks with P4”

  *

    Chang Kim, Barefoot Networks on “P4 and Programmable Dataplane
    Use-cases in Enterprises, Telcos and MSDCs”

  *

    Dejan Vucinic, Western Digital Corporation

*
*

We also want to take just a moment to acknowledge our current list of
sponsors for their support: Barefoot Networks and Cisco Systems. When
you're enjoying the great content, facilities, food, and everything
else, please extend your thanks!

*
*

We’re looking forward to seeing you next week.

*
*

Cheers,

*