[P4-design] draft spec from Barefoot

Changhoon Kim chang at barefootnetworks.com
Sat Aug 15 03:27:55 EDT 2015

Hi P4 designers,

As we discussed at our last meeting, I've attached the draft spec capturing
all the proposals from Barefoot so far. Barefoot has tried to address all
the language concepts we presented so far, as well as the feedback we've
gotten through in-person discussions and email correspondence. To help
readers figure out the main changes relative to the current public spec,
Barefoot has also come up with a "summary of change" sheet.

It'd be great if you could take a look at this before the next meeting
(Aug/24) so that the group can have a productive review session.

By the way, if you want to do source (latex) level diff between the current
public spec and this draft spec, please share your github username with me.
As I mentioned in previous email, I'll share both the latex source files
through a private repository under github.com/p4lang.

-- Chang