[P4-design] draft spec from Barefoot

Gordon Brebner Gordon.Brebner at xilinx.com
Wed Aug 19 14:05:55 EDT 2015

All,
I had an interesting session with Leo and Mihai this week that considerably helped my understanding of the proposals around black boxes (formerly “objects”) and white boxes (formerly “modules”).

Downstream from that, I’ve prepared a short document overviewing the new concepts, which I’ve attached here.  I hope this will help others and hence stimulate the discussion on Monday.  I’m also hoping it suggests a possible organization of the new specification material to make things clearer.

Best wishes,
Gordon.