[P4-design] YES to a P4 Language Design group meeting on Monday 14th

Mihai Budiu mbudiu at barefootnetworks.com
Fri Mar 11 19:43:11 EST 2016

Hello all.

The tentative agenda is to look more in-depth at the draft P4 v1.2 design.
For this purpose I am sending two files:
- v1model.p4 - a model of the P4 v1.0 switch architecture written in P4 v1.2
- switch.p4 - the switch.p4 public P4 program (
https://github.com/p4lang/switch) converted automatically to P4 v1.2, which
can be run using the above switch model

switch.p4 is very large, so we can't read all of it, but it's a proof that
P4 v1.2 is rich enough to express most useful programs one could write in
P4 v1.0. We will probably look at some excerpts - the presentation will be
sent after the meeting, since it's not yet completed.

Thank you,
Mihai Budiu