[P4-design] Portable Switch Architecture proposal

David George david.george at netronome.com
Fri Nov 4 03:32:39 EDT 2016

Hello all

I have never been a fan of direct counters/meters. I think these can be
achieved pretty easily by programming the rule index as an action parameter
and declaring the counter/meter as an array the same size as the table. You
then don't have to rely on any implicit behaviour.

I see that direct registers have been scrapped.

David George