[P4-design] issues to discuss

Anirudh Sivaraman anirudh at csail.mit.edu
Fri Nov 4 17:42:40 EDT 2016

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Changhoon Kim
<chang at barefootnetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi P4-designers,
>
> If you want to discuss certain P4_16 design issues, please suggest them by
> today.
> As announced, we'll meet this Monday (Nov/7) at 1:30 - 3:30pm. We have Gates
> 300 again.

Hi Chang,

I would like to discuss #81 (local externs). #81 is pretty
straightforward to address if we support restricted block statements
in the parser (the discussion on the thread shows why). That way, we
don't (at least for the time being) need to support local externs. If
we decide we want to support local externs, we will need a longer
discussion.

Anirudh