[P4-design] New version of P4-16 spec published on github
mbudiu at vmware.com
Fri Oct 7 18:19:33 EDT 2016
I have pushed a new version, labeled with today's date (Oct 7).
Here are the most important changes:
- Reduced number and unified checksum unit examples
- Errors now are in a separate error namespace
- fixed typos that prevented simple switch example from compiling
- relaxed grammar to allow TYPE identifiers in more places if it is not ambiguous
- consistent use of compile-time known value
- fixed path prefix explanation
- explained visibility rules better (issue 77)
- added tuple<> type into the language (issue 59, 60, 57)
- allow _ in addition to default in keyset expressions (issue 56)
- allow annotations on block statements (may be needed to support @atomic for concurrency control issue #48)
- simplified action grammar: allow control flow statements
- remove use of the word prototype (issue 78)
As usual, I will reset change tracking, and the next version will be diff-ed from the current one.
Many thanks to all the contributors.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the P4-design