[P4-design] New version of P4-16 spec published on github
Andy Keep (akeep)
akeep at cisco.com
Sun Oct 9 17:59:22 EDT 2016
On October 9, 2016 at 2:46:01 PM, Mihai Budiu (mbudiu at vmware.com<mailto:mbudiu at vmware.com>) wrote:
I apologize, the push command had actually failed, and I didn’t check.
Hopefully it should be in the repository now. Thank you for catching this relatively so soon.
From: Andy Keep (akeep) [mailto:akeep at cisco.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 10:30 AM
To: p4-design at lists.p4.org; Mihai Budiu <mbudiu at vmware.com>
Subject: Re: [P4-design] New version of P4-16 spec published on github
Where is this at? I don't see a new push on the master branch, and when I drop down the branches on the main p4lang/p4-spec repository on github I only see the branches: master, p4_14_v1_0_3, and v1_0_3.
I ask partially because I had some editing feedback for the previous version that I was hoping to share, it'll be more useful if I update it to reflect your most recent commit.
On October 7, 2016 at 3:20:30 PM, Mihai Budiu (mbudiu at vmware.com<mailto:mbudiu at vmware.com>) wrote:
I have pushed a new version, labeled with today’s date (Oct 7).
Here are the most important changes:
- Reduced number and unified checksum unit examples
- Errors now are in a separate error namespace
- fixed typos that prevented simple switch example from compiling
- relaxed grammar to allow TYPE identifiers in more places if it is not ambiguous
- consistent use of compile-time known value
- fixed path prefix explanation
- explained visibility rules better (issue 77)
- added tuple<> type into the language (issue 59, 60, 57)
- allow _ in addition to default in keyset expressions (issue 56)
- allow annotations on block statements (may be needed to support @atomic for concurrency control issue #48)
- simplified action grammar: allow control flow statements
- remove use of the word prototype (issue 78)
As usual, I will reset change tracking, and the next version will be diff-ed from the current one.
Many thanks to all the contributors.
P4-design mailing list
P4-design at lists.p4.org<mailto:P4-design at lists.p4.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the P4-design