[P4-design] toward P4_16 closure
Gordon.Brebner at xilinx.com
Thu Oct 13 11:52:54 EDT 2016
I agree with all these suggestions. Plus we should continue to resolve issues online between meetings where possible, driven by the issue assignees.
From: P4-design [mailto:p4-design-bounces at lists.p4.org] On Behalf Of Changhoon Kim
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 11:19 PM
To: p4-design at lists.p4.org
Cc: Amin Vahdat <vahdat at google.com>
Subject: [P4-design] toward P4_16 closure
Hi P4 designers,
As we're all working busily together to release P4_16 in time, I'd like to propose a few ideas to facilitate our on-going review process.
- Let's freeze the feature-request list for P4_16. Starting this Friday (Oct/14), I will tag all new git issues for p4lang/p4-spec with the "Post P4_16" milestone. The only exception will be bug reports for the prototype P4_16 compiler frontend (p4lang/p4c).
- We originally planned to close all the issues and produce a pre-release version of the P4_16 spec by Oct/24, but it seems we need a few more meetings to be able to finish up our work. I've scheduled the following face-to-face meetings. Note each meeting will be 2hrs long (as opposed to 1.5hrs) starting with the next one. Let's try to finish all technical discussions by Nov/7 and leave Nov/21 for buffer.
* Oct/24, Monday, 1:30 - 3:30pm, Gates 300
* Nov/7, Monday, 1:30 - 3:30pm, Gates 300
* Nov/21, Monday, 1:30 - 3:30pm, Gates 104
- Starting next meeting, let's employ a "close-by-default" policy. Representatives who want to discuss particular git issues must explicitly propose those issues by Friday the week before the meeting. Issues that are not explicitly proposed for discussion will be automatically resolved and won't be considered further for P4_16.
Thanks a lot for your contributions!
This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information that may be proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, or forward this email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any attachments immediately.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the P4-design