[P4-design] Markup version of the spec

Mihai Budiu mbudiu at vmware.com
Thu Oct 27 18:32:25 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I have submitted a fatter pull request which fixes all sorts of typos in the markup version of the spec. (We now see some of the reasons why text/latex/markup isn't working very well either: github diff does not seem to do a very good job with long lines or reformatted paragraphs, and it's not WYSWIG, so you won't see how the changes look in the pdf if you just read the markup - this is mostly important if you change some formatting.)

Please take a look at this pull request https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/pull/94, and let us know if you find objectionable changes. I expect that once we merge this we will have much smaller diffs. This should complete the transition to the spec written in markup.

We still have to figure out how to change the presentation style for the grammar and pseudo-code examples (they used to be cyan and lightgreen in the Word document); unfortunately madoko does not seem to be very well documented, and there are few examples available.

Thank you,
Mihai