[P4-design] undefined reads

Vladimir Gurevich vag at barefootnetworks.com
Sat Jun 17 16:09:31 EDT 2017

Hi Nate,

This is a truly fascinating read! Thanks for the pointer.

For me, the main takeaway, though, is that perhaps we should take it easy
:)  If C guys couldn't figure it out in 28 years (counting from C89 to be
more than fair) or more, we can probably wait a year or two so that we gain
some experience :) In fact, I was just about to make a comment on another
thread that it is not clear to me how well C spec defines these
undeterminate (I like this term from the article) behaviors.

I think the general statements Andy is proposing a probably already better
than what you can find in many other places.

Thanks,
Vladimir