[P4-design] p4-spec is public!

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Mon May 1 12:31:25 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

The GitHub repository containing the P4 specification is now public. There
is no change to our processes for updating the spec (
https://github.com/p4lang/p4-spec/wiki/Maintenance-Process) but the world
can now post issues, see branches, and generally watch things change as we
develop the specification.

One small request: please make sure that any pull requests against the spec
come from your organization's designated representatives. I don't want Prem
or others to have to spend lots of time determining if a contribution can
be accepted.

I'm personally very glad to see this change happen -- openness is one of
the key principles of the P4.org community, so there's no reason not to do
things this way!

Thanks to Anirudh for suggesting this, and to everyone else who offered
feedback.

Regards,
-N