[P4-design] status

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Sat May 13 04:30:54 EDT 2017

Dear P4 Designers,

A small group of us (Andy F, Andy K, Mihai, Vladimir, myself) have been
pouring over the specification document, polishing the prose, imposing
internal consistency, fixing typos, etc. In doing so, we are following our
standard maintenance process for non-technical changes: one person edits
and another key committer reviews the changes before they are merged.

I had hoped we would finish our work today and have a release candidate to
share, but it looks like it will bleed over into the weekend. We are still
finding some non-trivial typos so I think this pass is worth completing.
We're still on track to wrap up by Monday.

Gordon and I plan to release P4_16 Monday afternoon. Please come by
Barefoot if you are in the area for a small celebration (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WX25HXWCz4Be7utSpgObK60_Y4u42VlgiYy33h3OyXs/edit
).

-N