[P4-design] Announcing P4_16

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Tue May 16 21:45:04 EDT 2017

Dear P4 enthusiasts,

We are pleased to announce the formal release of P4_16.

P4_16 is a important update to the language that adds a number features
designed to make it easy to develop and deploy programs on a variety of
targets.

The language specification (p4lang.github.io/p4-spec) and an open-source
compiler framework (github.com/p4lang/p4c) are both available.

We look forward to seeing the many innovative applications you will develop
using P4, and we also look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow at
Stanford for the 2017 P4 Workshop.
Warm regards,
Gordon Brebner & Nate Foster
(Co-chairs, P4 Language Design Working Group)