[P4-design] P4 Hackathon on March 1, 2019 (in Boston, MA)

hemant at mnkcg.com hemant at mnkcg.com
Thu Jan 17 20:02:47 EST 2019

Thanks for setting this up.

When the organizers get a chance, maybe wiki page can be created for folks to start entering ideas for the Hackathon.  I already have some thoughts.

1.	I also work with Golang/gRPC with the latest protobuf and also p4c which uses yet another version of protobuf.  I think P4Runtime uses yet another version of protobuf.   We could try to have p4c and P4Runtime use as latest a protobuf version as possible.
2.	Flexsai code has issues after porting from Python 2.7 to 3.  I have filed an Issue but no one has worked on the issue.
3.	Complete bmv2 PSA implementation.
4.	We should document bmv2 backend code as well.
5.	Support nested structs for P4Info.  The PI spec allows nesting.  We just haven’t gotten around to it.

Best,

Hemant