[P4-dev] how to add forwarding state to a behavior model

brian fiegen brianfiegen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:13:36 EDT 2015

I've pulled the p4factory code and have setup two name spaces.  I've
created and configured an interface in each name space that are in the same
L3 subnet.  I've then gone into the switch target and run make and thus
created the behavior-model.  I then start the behavior-model with the
interfaces for each name space.   If I then ping from one name space to the
other, my pings time out-- which is expected given that I haven't pushed
and forwarding state into the model.

I was watching the video that shows a similar setup though using mininet
and LJ uses a command called "switch-control.sh" which takes as stdin
commands called "add_arp", "set_iface_mac" etc.  I was hoping to use this
mechanism to load the state in my behavior model but the switch-control.sh
does not seem to be part of the p4factory distro.   I know there's a
process listening on port 9090 that I'm guessing can be used to install
state into the model but haven't figured out the syntax for talking to that
process.  I also found a script in the distro (run_cli.bash or something)
that will get me to a CLI but the commands there don't match the ones being
feed into this switch_control.sh script.

So what would be a simple / easy way for me to push forwarding info into a
behavior model?

Thanks