[P4-dev] Few questions on the working of P4

Anubhav Nidhi anubhavnidhi1009 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:49:02 EDT 2015

Hi,
     I am new to P4. After reading the P4 specification paper and trying
out the example given here
<https://github.com/p4lang/p4factory/tree/master/targets/simple_router>, I
have following questions regarding P4

   1.

   Do you have any code/repository which generates the JSON version of the
   P4 compiler output?
   2.

   Also just want to make sure I understand how the table entries work.
   Right now the example given in simple router here
   <https://github.com/p4lang/p4factory/tree/master/targets/simple_router> says
   that to enter a rule like drop packet with ip.dest = A1, I need to manually
   enter a entry in a table e.g. add_entry table1 10.0.0.10 32 *_drop*. Is
   the manually entering the table entry true? If that is the case and I need
   to enter the action-name (name given in action specification) manually in
   the table, then what is the purpose of mentioning the possible actions used?

Thanks,
Archie