[P4-dev] Can't see table entries in switches at mininet

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Tue Jun 30 14:52:37 EDT 2015

Hi Archie,

dpctl is to control OpenFlow switches. The behavioral model P4 switch is
completely independent of OpenFlow.
If you want to look at the entries, you need to use our CLI. In this case
you could do:

1) python ../../cli/pd_cli.py -p simple_router -i p4_pd_rpc.simple_router
-s of-tests/pd_thrift:../../submodules/oft-infra -c localhost:22222

2) show_entry forward 0

The first command will start the CLI, the second command will display the
entry with handle 0 in the table "forward".

You can list the tables with command 'show_tables'.
You can iterate through the entries in a table with commands
'get_first_entry_handle' and 'get_next_entry_handles'.

Antonin