[P4-dev] Parsing a Protocol via pcap file and extracting the behavior of the packet

shubham bhardwaj bhardwajshubham2011 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 04:02:47 EST 2016

Hi Antonin,

I need to analyse information from a packet, for that I am using Modbus
protocol dumps. so basically i am parsing a Modbus Packet but as going
through examples and p4 spec I am only able to modify the packet. So i just
want to know is it possible to get the information from it and how. Is
there any tutorial or demo present online.

Thanks & Regards
Shubham Bhardwaj

 Sent with Mailtrack
<https://mailtrack.io/install?source=signature&lang=en&referral=bhardwajshubham2011@gmail.com&idSignature=22>

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Antonin Bas <antonin at barefootnetworks.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question, or how it's different from the
> last question you asked to the mailing list:
> http://lists.p4.org/pipermail/p4-dev_lists.p4.org/2016-
> November/000573.html
> A little more details would be useful.
>
> Best,
>
> Antonin
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 5:14 AM, shubham bhardwaj <
> bhardwajshubham2011 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I want to check the behavior of a packet(wireshark dump), Is it possible
>> in P4. I have checked examples in the tutorial section and i haven't found
>> anything relatable.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Shubham Bhardwaj