[P4-dev] Problem with OpenflowEnabledP4Switch

Antonin Bas antonin at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Dec 14 16:54:21 EST 2016

Hi Tanja,

I am not sure this is enough information for us to help you. Maybe if you
could share the relevant parts of the logs for each switch it would help.
I notice that in your Mininet script, you call start([c0]) for each switch.
When I look at the start method for the OpenflowEnabledP4Switch in
p4lang/p4factory (
https://github.com/p4lang/p4factory/blob/master/mininet/openflow_l2.py#L140),
I see that the "controllers" parameter is completely ignored and that
instead we rely on a command line parameter for the controller IP. I
suppose you updated OpenflowEnabledP4Switch to not ignore "controllers"?
You should also be starting one P4 openflow agent instance per switch (
https://github.com/p4lang/p4ofagent). As far as I know, there is no super
easy way to do this with bmv2 (except for switch.p4), so you are probably
using bmv1?