[P4-dev] How to populate tables for match+action for real traffic

Swaroop Thool swaroopthool1991 at outlook.com
Tue Feb 2 11:05:31 EST 2016

Hello Everyone,
Its been long time finally mailing list is resurrected :) Thank you P4 community
I have question:
As far as now I have been using mininet for creating virtual hosts for sending packets between them. My application program is based on simple router structure which requires populating tables by the IPs ,MAC address, port no. information and this are hard-coded for simulation as I know the IPs of mininet created hosts. The host created in mininet have IPs as 10.0.0.0,10.0.1.0 and so on which I can directly write in table population commands.txt file. However, now when I want to pass real traffic through eth0 for my P4 program so how should I know IPs of that traffic which should already present in populating table entries. I am going/thinking in wrong way? Is there any way to do that?Please help
Thanks,Swaroop