[P4-dev] Match + Actions on a cloned packet

David Hancock dhancock at cs.utah.edu
Wed Feb 3 13:10:27 EST 2016

Ramana, I haven't looked at copy_to_cpu, but I'm pretty sure receive.py
is simply using SCAPY to receive, and in your case, send, packets.
There is nothing special about the packets from the point of view of the
switch.  So I'm a little surprised by your question. It sounds like you
are wondering whether packets ever skip certain components.

Perhaps you are confused about data plane traffic vs. control plane
traffic?  I'm not sure what the underlying confusion is but think things
through and describe what *you* think should happen.

--David