[P4-dev] Question about adding routes on a p4 switch-router

Daniel Fernandes daniel_alex_fernandes at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:38:21 EST 2016

Hello! I'm a computer science student in Portugal. Me and a couple colleagues are doing a project/workshop about SDN's, virtualization, and new innovative ideas/technologies that impact these networks. We found out P4 and figured out it was a good subject to work upon, hence we tried downloading and compiling the p4factory and after some troubles with the VM, we managed to get it compiling the basic_router, however, we're facing a problem that we don't know the answer nor we find any details about to do it, which is adding routes to the switch. In the language showcase video, the person shows a script (switch-control.sh) that uses a .txt file as input. I was wondering if I could get any feedback in how to do this, by either commands in the mininet shell, or the script itself. Thanks a lot for your help.