[P4-dev] P4 Language Design WG: bootstrap for new participants

Gordon Brebner Gordon.Brebner at xilinx.com
Wed Feb 17 19:22:16 EST 2016

As Chang described in his broadcast email of 4 February, the P4 Language Design working group is moving to teleconference-based meetings, following a successful initial thrust based on in-person meetings held at Stanford.  This move will allow broader participation in the group as things move forward.

The new time slot for group meetings will be 1.30pm to 3pm Pacific on alternate Mondays, starting on 29 February.  This is an earlier, and slightly shorter, time slot than hitherto to help with participation.

To bring new participants up to speed, a one-off extra teleconference will be held this coming Monday, 22 February.  This is a bootstrap for new participants and will overview the work of the group to date, which has led to the new P4 1.1 specification, and has begun sowing seeds for P4 1.2.  The WebEx information for this teleconference is below.  We expect that the regular biweekly meeting will have a different WebEx, in particular, one that has toll-free call-in numbers.

At the bootstrap meeting, we will also audit the new membership of the group.  As mentioned in Chang's email, we are looking to each P4.org member to nominate explicitly (by email to me and Chang) a small number of people who will be active participants, not mere lurkers.

Best wishes,
Gordon Brebner and Changhoon Kim
Co-chairs, P4 Language Design WG

------------------

P4 Language Design Working Group Meeting

Monday, February 22, 2016

1:30 pm  |  Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco, GMT-08:00)  |  1 hr 30 mins

Join WebEx meeting <https://barefoot.webex.com/barefoot/j.php?MTID=m0a3fe5bbff6308d2e2fe36d77663e055>

Meeting number:

804 812 936

Join by phone

+1-415-655-0002 US Toll

Access code: 804 812 936

Add this meeting<https://barefoot.webex.com/barefoot/j.php?MTID=m7bfdc3db538736ca37f6b284cf29d14b> to your calendar. (Cannot add from mobile devices.)

Can't join the meeting? Contact support.<https://barefoot.webex.com/barefoot/mc>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.