[P4-dev] How to implement tagging concept like VLAN/mTag in P4?

Swaroop Thool swaroopthool1991 at outlook.com
Thu Feb 25 15:19:24 EST 2016

Hi Antonin and all,Thank you for directing.I already looked at this paper and really interested in implementing tagging part. I don't require all its complex checks and want only simple process of tagging frames. In copy to cup example where custom header is attached at start of original packet frame, now I want to give it some tag with ether type (example: VLAN) or further tagging VLAN tag. If I know how to give tag like VLAN in between fields of Ethernet frame (not at start) it will be really helpful.Moreover, I want to use mininet which has command for adding VLAN tags to hosts but this only for each host. I am not sure how to give to group of hosts. I tried to tweak 1sw_demo.py & p4mininet.py files of mininet folder to add grouping mechanism like group two hosts in 1 VLAN  tag but it threw lot of errors. I was trying to add VLAN tags or any other tags by this two approaches which I later needs to removes by other program. How to approach for it will be appreciated Thanks,SwaroopDate: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 13:12:20 -0800