[P4-dev] dual-homing support with P4

He, Peng phe at ciena.com
Mon Jun 20 18:29:08 EDT 2016

I see nice examples under p4lang/tutorials, e.g., ECMP, Copy_to_cpu, etc.; it would be nice if a dual-homing example with P4 can be provided, i.e., illustrating how P4 supports this kind-of device/network behavior; and how P4 mechanism detects and re-act to network/device behaviors like link down, link transmission quality drop down (packet corruption for an example). By dual-homing, I mean a device has two uplinks, one active, one backup. Once a failure is detected on the active link, the device will switch over the traffic to the backup link immediately. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Peng