[P4-dev] VPNs in P4

Giacomo Bernardi gbernardi at extremenetworks.com
Thu Jun 23 04:44:12 EDT 2016

Hello list,
I’m trying to understand whether there’s any ongoing effort towards implementing an *encrypted* tunnel mechanism (e.g., IPSEC) dataplane in P4.

I think the answer is “no”, in such case can anyone please comment about how would encryption primitives be supported via P4? I couldn’t find much on this.

Thanks,
Giacomo

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and proprietary material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.