[P4-dev] VPNs in P4

Gordon Brebner Gordon.Brebner at xilinx.com
Thu Jun 23 11:58:17 EDT 2016

We have done IPsec, albeit it in PX, a predecessor of P4.  We have not ported it to P4 yet, but the principles are exactly the same.

The encryption primitives are not expressed in the language itself, but rather included using an extern mechanism, as was included in P4 v1.1.  In our case, the implementation of these functions was coded in RTL for an FPGA implementation.

Gordon.