[P4-dev] Reg: Ramping up P4

Mohan Krishna mohankrishna290787 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 05:25:48 EST 2016

Hi Ramana/All,

I was doing little more research P4 soft-switch. These were my following
queries.

1) It is not possible in the current state for us to "configure" new
protocol/control flows using Controller? Is my understanding correct?
Will this be possible in future ?

2) I did not understand when you meant "openflow + P4 tables.". As I will
try to populate tables using SDN controller communicating
openflow 1.4 protocol. (I understood that openflow 1.3 is supported.
However if I could make openflow 1.4 work, I could contribute to the
community).

3) Is it possible for me to use p4 program to program tables in OVS . If so
please let me know the steps on how I could do it.

Thanks & Regardsm
Mohan