[P4-dev] setup script for bmv2 compiler

Salvatore Signorello salvatore.signorello at uni.lu
Wed Mar 9 09:17:24 EST 2016

Hi all,

after an update of the repo (https://github.com/p4lang/p4c-bm), I'm not
able anymore to properly install the python module. In detail, I have
some problems with the additional code that was recently added to the
setup.py script
(commit c7339080b2276967d6313d7a054e9e841d8fecd3) to create and execute
the EggInfoCommand class as cmd.

 From a quick investigation, it seems that easy_install builds
everything correctly under the local build directory, but then it
doesn't copy the files under the python-dist directory. (It could
probably be a problem with my environment)
Follow some details about my dev environment to eventually
reproduce/troubleshoot the issue; if you need more, please don't
hesitate to ask:

Ubuntu 14.04
Python 2.7.6
setuptools 3.3

Commenting  the "cmd_class" option inside the setup script has solved
the problem in my case. Which was the purpose of this extension?
Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Sorry for any silly question/assumption, but I'm not quite familiar with
packaging modules in python,
best,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore Signorello
PhD student of the SEDAN research group at SnT

Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust
University of Luxembourg
http://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/people/salvatore_signorello