[P4-dev] only exact table type supported by ebpfTable.py

John Fastabend john.fastabend at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:03:28 EDT 2016

On 16-11-02 03:14 PM, hemant at mnkcg.com wrote:
> Any plans on when the EBPF code will remove the restriction below?

This would require adding a new map type to eBPF most likely. Although
this has come up multiple times in other forums it hasn't been added
yet. Its on my list of things to do but is behind a handful of other
things still. Currently most eBPF users flatten rules onto exact match
maps.

After the eBPF environment supports it then it could be added to the
P4 backend.

An alternative solution would be to have the runtime API flatten the
rules onto the backend but to me this seems more complicated.

Thanks,
John