[P4-dev] problems on building docker image

Bian Jason imaginezz at outlook.com
Tue Nov 22 04:13:47 EST 2016

Hi,
I have some problems on building docker image.

My operation OS is Ubuntu 14.04.
I followed by the README.md step by step, and wanna to build a docker image.
But when I ran
>make docker-image
in
>p4factory/targets/switch
directory, the program seem work well, but when it processed step 14, there are something wrong.
First, it shows that
>fatal: Not a git repository: ../../.git/modules/submodules/bm
but when I go to that directory, I tried
>git status
the git showes that bm is a git repo.
Then after checking ,it shows
>configure: error: The P4_PATH you provided does not exist or is not absolute
>make: *** [clean] Error 2
Then, after compiling something, it shows many messages like
>Semantic warning: header instance 'outer_udp' is not reachable and will be removed
And finally,
>make: *** [bm_tenjin_output_oldest] Error 1
and quit with error 2

I want to know where the problem is.

With kind regards,
Jason
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
Email:Imaginezz at outlook.com<mailto:imaginezz at outlook.com>
Address:No.10, Xitucheng Rd, Haidian District, Beijing, China