[P4-dev] connect own target with openflow to ryu

Tanja Ulmen tanja.ulmen at rwth-aachen.de
Mon Nov 28 08:46:14 EST 2016

Hi,

I have created an own target with the p4factory and it is running with a
mininet script. Now my question is: is there a way to connect my own
target with openflow to a ryu controller?

I already added the p4ofagent, and I tried to use the openflow_l2.py
mininet script with my own behavioral-model instead of the one of the
switch.p4. The script tries to connect to some thrift server on port
9090 that I don't have. I have tried to understand how the switch.p4 is
working, but I don't really get it. If I understand it correctly, in the
switch.p4 this thrift server on 9090 is started by the switchapi and
itis used to add some auto-generated tables? Until now I add the tables
to my switch with a file similar to
"p4factory/targets/simple_router/run_add_demo_entries.bash".

It would be nice if I could use openflow with my own target.
I hope you can help me :).

Best regards,
Tanja