[P4-dev] connect own target with openflow to ryu

Pierce McEntagart pierce.mcentagart at barefootnetworks.com
Mon Nov 28 18:42:06 EST 2016

Hi Tanja,

Yes it's possible to use the mininet script with your own target but you
need to change it a little.

The openflow_l2.py script has a function called "setup_bd" which is
relevant only for the switch.p4 based behavioral-model. For your target,
you can delete this function and the lines that call it.

The thrift server running on port 9090 should be for the autogenerated
PD-API. This needs to be started in the main.c you wrote for your target.
See here:

https://github.com/p4lang/p4factory/blob/master/targets/switch/main.c#L477

Your "p4factory/targets/simple_router/run_add_demo_entries.bash" should add
table entries via this server.

Please let me know if you have any other issues,

Thanks,

Pierce