[P4-dev] [bmv2] Need some help about the stateful merories on P4 programming

zhilong zheng zhengzl0715 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:52:17 EDT 2016

Hi guys,
I am trying to do a research about collecting states of the network(eg.
states of switches). And I want to present another method for some special
collecting tasks.

For example, when collecting the counter state of a switch, I think it's
better that the switch reports its state proactively to the upper
application like a controller.

So, I'd like to know whether it's possible to do such a thing on P4. If
it's ok, I should do that coding in the .P4 files(p4src) or .cpp files(eg.
simple_switch.cpp)??

regards,
Zhilong.