[P4-dev] Connecting Ryu openflow controller with P4 switch target

Sandaruwan Jayaweera sandaruwangayantha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 03:36:00 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect the switch target in the p4factory with the ryu
openflow controller.

I generated the behavioral-model in p4factory/targets/switch using

*make bm-p4ofagent PLUGIN_OPENFLOW=1*

I started ryu app using *ryu-manager ryu/app/simple_switch_13.py*

But when I execute *sudo python **openflow_l2.py –**controller-ip 127.0.0.1*
the 2 hosts are unable to ping.

I checked the packet-dumps and the controller is receiving packet-ins and
sending the packet-outs to the ARP packets when I use *h1 ping h2*. But the
switch is not doing any further action. Can anyone give any hints? What
should be the flow when running an openflow enabled target?

Sandaruwan