[P4-dev] where to add_header?

Yuliang Li yuliangl at usc.edu
Sun Sep 25 16:33:28 EDT 2016

Thank you Antonin. This is very clear.

I have a follow up question. Suppose the original packet (without the cpu
header) is p, and after p is added the cpu header becomes p'. When the p'
arrives at the next hop, the current(0,64)==0 is still false, but the cpu
header is in the p'. So the parser start will mistakenly parse the ethernet
on the bits of the cpu header. How do you solve this? Or the next hop uses
a different p4 code?

Thanks,
Yuliang