[P4-dev] Network of p4 switches in a simulator

Andreas Pantelopoulos padelopoulos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 08:16:54 EDT 2017

Hello to all,

I am developing in p4 behavioral model 2 implementing techniques for
traffic engineering in data centers. My environment consists of Mininet +
bmvq2 coupled with a custom traffic generator. Sadly, this setup has huge
scalability issues which prevent me from simulating large dc networks and
large traffic matrices.

Does a simulator exists for simulating p4 switches, hosts and generated
traffic? Known simulators like ns3 and OMNET++ do not support p4 switches.

Thanks a lot,
Andreas Pantelopoulos