[P4-dev] Change field value in execution time (p4-14)

Fábio Pereira fpereira at lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
Tue Apr 4 09:31:00 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I would like to have a switch with two operation modes. The active mode would depend on the value of a P4 field. Right now, in order to achieve this, I have to shutdown the switch, generate the new json (from the P4 file with the operation-mode field updated) and feed it to a new switch. Is there a way to change the field value in execution time? Or in alternative, to generate a new json and feed it back to the running switch executable (i.e. without having to restart it)?

Thanks,
Fábio Pereira