[P4-dev] General question on P4

Nate Foster jnfoster at cs.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 6 14:09:03 EDT 2017

I'm sorry, it's hard to agree with such broad, general statements.

Is a NPU-based framework that uses C more programmable? Sort of. But there
are a number of gotchas: Programs may be lower-level and longer without
domain-specific constructs. They may require careful tuning to get good
performance. It may be difficult to write larger programs in a modular
style. Analysis and verification of programs may be difficult or
impossible...

-N