[P4-dev] Assigning an IP address for mininet/P4Switch() class

Vladimir Gurevich vladimir.gurevich at barefootnetworks.com
Wed Aug 9 22:52:36 EDT 2017

Hello Aldo,

runtime_CLI.py (actually you should probably use sswitch_CLI.py if you use
simple_switch) accepts --thrift-ip and --thrift-port parameters that allow
you to specify the IP address and TCP port number correspondingly.

Please, note that you will need to start 3 separate instances of
sswitch_CLI.py, since one instance can control a single device only.

Happy hacking,
Vladimir

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM, Aldo Febro <af12abw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> From runtime_CLI.py, I'd like to connect to a P4Switch with
> IP_address:port (instead of localhost:port) to simulate a control-plane
> session to multiple remote P4 switches.
>
> For example, instead of connecting to
> localhost:9090
> localhost:9091
> localhost:9092
>
> I'd like to connect to:
> 10.10.10.1:9090
> 10.10.20.1:9090
> 10.10.30.1:9090
>
> Can I assign an IP address to a P4Switch() class when I instantiate/launch
> simple_switch?
>
> Has anyone tried this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> Aldo

*Vladimir Gurevich*

*Barefoot Networks*
*Technical Lead, Customer Engineering*